At the Airport

Now we’re in Madrid. And it’s sunny. No clouds whatsoever. Arrived in Madrid-Barajas Airport at around 730 a.m. And took this shot on the tarmac upon getting off the plane from Amsterdam.
No immigration checks here. Already done in Amsterdam. Just got my other bag off the conveyor belt (I hand-carried a backpack and a travel tote) and had some US dollars changed to Euros at the American Express counter and got a free passport cover in black leather. Nice. My first words in Spanish in Madrid: “Hola, puede cambiar estos a Euros?” :P
My friend picks me up here, we greet each other like long-lost friends; then he gives me the two-cheek beso while simultaneously reminding me that from now on, I should remind myself to be used to such greetings and practice the same when in Spain. Haha! I guess nothing else tells me better that I’ve arrived in Spain than to be met with the besos upon arrival.

0 Comments:
Publicar un comentario
<< Home