Chillin' in Madrid

martes, agosto 22, 2006

Food on the Go


As I came on this trip as an independent traveller, my food were usually backpacker fare.
I had both sandwiches, tapas, patatas and Filipino food, courtesy of the Filipino community whenever my friend and I visit any Filipino family’s apartment. Thank goodness. There’s only so much sandwich, potatoes (fries) and ensaladas I can take. Haha! Not that they’re bad. Just not used to a daily diet of such. Apart from those, I also had McDonald’s. :P And when all else fails, decent meals at a Chinese restaurant nearby.

tapa at a restaurant/bar

sandwich and Coke

calamari sandwich

Here’s the thing about the sandwiches or boccadillos I ordered, I don’t always get to finish them. Haha! Not because they’re awful, but because they’re a size too big for me to finish in one seating. I almost always get to finish only half on the first sitting. They’re long, and large. And I think sometimes, I’d probably need Tabasco. Especially for the calamari sandwich. It’s quite rich and the taste gets tiresome after a few minutes of eating it. Hehe!

fries, ensalada and a piece of chicken/fish or meat… typical European fare.